Pages

Friday, February 5, 2016

Making Multiple Cards

Sometimes, you need to just stamp up a lot of cards to keep on hand for your stash, especially birthdays or any type card that you find yourself sending often.  Here's a look at how I made a batch of birthday cards for our church.
Tip:
-- Create one complete card design, start to finish, to be sure you're happy with your design.
-- Once you have your design in place, you can begin your 'assembly line.'
-- Place your craft sheet over the silver foil piece so you can press it down and not get glue on anything else.
If you need to weight a piece down to be sure it's securely attached, the largest acrylic block works great.
Be sure to stamp the insides of your cards and your envelopes to create a coordinated look.  It really steps up your results.
When you begin a new step for your card design, do that step for ALL your cards, then start the next step and do that step for them ALL.  It really makes your work go faster and keeps it fun.
Tip:
I keep pre-cut pieces of Whisper White CS on hand (4 X 5 1/4") so I can quickly prepare them for the insides of all my cards.  They also work for the card fronts when I need a white card.
I used Crushed Curry for the card bases for the male cards and Melon Mambo for the female cards.  I also changed the DSP layers.
These were really fun to create and I love how cheery they look.  I've had so many people approach me at church and say how much it means to them to receive these cards.  Instead of being just a blessing to them, I feel blessed to be able to give of my time and talents to such wonderful people.  Please, take the time to start sending cards.  There's nothing like receiving a hand made card in the mail.
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or look on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...