Pages

Monday, February 1, 2016

Designing and Creating Your Own Stencils... Step by Step Instructions

It's so much fun to work with stencils, but even more fun when you design and create your own.  That's just what I did for today's card.  
I cut a circle from watercolor paper, so it would be sturdy.  I then cut shapes where I thought they would go together to make a good design.
I laid it over my card and used a sponge with my stencil.
After I had all the design just the way I wanted it to look, I added a light watercolor background around my stenciled leaves.  I also sponged around the edges of this top layer of my card.  Then, I spritzed it with my spritz mixture, to give it a very subtle, all-over sparkle.
I sponged the edges of the inside of the card and then added a stenciled leaf.  I stenciled a leaf onto the envelope to coordinate with the over-all design.
I cut a couple of leaves and a flower, using the coordinating framelits and attached them to the lower right corner of my card front.  Adding a black mat under the stenciled layer really makes the design pop.  This was a super fun card to create and I really like how it turned out.  I hope this will encourage you to try your hand at some stenciling.
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or look on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...