Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Gingerbread Garland

Here's a cute Christmas card I made using the little gingerbread man from the Scentsational Season stamp set.  I wanted it to look like a gingerbread garland, so I made 3 little men, using the framelits to quickly cut them out.
I wanted them to have a vintage look, so I added some sprigs of pine from the Watercolor Winter stamp set.  I also sponged around the edges, to really get into the vintage look.  To create the garland effect, I used linen thread behind the gingerbread men.  I didn't really want to make holes in them, so I just added the linen thread behind them and popped them up with dimensionals.  At one side of the garland, I added a bow with long ties, using linen thread.
Sometimes, it's the extra little details that can really make a card.  Notice that I sponged around each gingerbread man and the scallop oval tag, as well.  I stamped off to lightly add a sprig of pine over the tag.  The buttons on the gingerbread men are really dots of cherry cobbler Dazzling Details.  It's like a glitter glue --- glitter without the mess --- love it!  The finishing touches were a glimmer brad on the tag and linen thread around the cherry cobbler seam binding.

Hope you enjoyed my cute little garland today.  Now, so stamp something... and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...