Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Inkin' in the Land of Lincoln

At our last Team Meeting (Inkin' in the Land of Lincoln) we decided to have a shoebox swap at our October meeting.  It was so much fun.  I'd like to share with you the projects that were created by those who were able to participate.

I shared a project that is a little treat holder.  A variety of goodies would fit inside the holder, so you could choose what you'd like to put in it.  For this one, we used a tea bag --- a low cal treat:)  I used a sheet from our Snow Festival DSP that has little squares on it.  You can cut it up and use it for individual tags or designs.  I added little dots of cherry cobbler Dazzling Details, for a touch of bling.  We'll be making these at my Touch of Christmas class and I'll have a tutorial on them in a later post.
Laura's project was a treat bag using our Ghoulish Googlies Designer Kit.  I love the little flag strips of Howlstooth and Scaringbone DSP.  We embossed the bags and added a treat inside.  Who will get this treat?
Jenn's project was a Fall card using the Wonderfall stamp set.  The leaf is die cut using the Autumn Accents Bigz Die.  I love her color combo:  Perfect Plum, More Mustard and Cajun Craze.  It is gorgeous together!

Lynn's project  was a gorgeous Christmas card.  Using the colors from the Festival of Prints Designer Series Paper Stack, she went with Island Indigo as the card base, with a touch of Cherry Cobbler and Brushed Silver CS for the mats.  The ornament is embossed with Pewter EP (She used silver.) and then another layer added to the ornament, embossed with white EP.  We tied the ornament with a little Cherry Cobbler baker's twine.  We added some dry embossing too, with the Northern Flurry Embossing Folder.  The text is from More Merry Messages.


As you can see, I have a talented bunch of ladies.  Before I go, I'd like to share one more project with you from my team.  Here is a bottle tag that Laura made using my double pocket treat holder idea.  Isn't this a clever way to use it!
I know you'll want to go try some of these ideas.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...