Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Tutorial... How to Use a Thinlits Circle Card die to Make a Place Card or Calendar

As promised, today I'll share my tutorial with you for just how to make a calendar or place card using the Thinlits Circle Card die.  It's fun and easy.  I hope you'll give it a try. 

FOR CALENDAR:
- Cut CS to 5 1/2 X 6."
- Run through Big Shot, using Thinlits Circle Card die.
- Fold as shown in photo.
- Add calendar and decorate to your heart's desire.

NOTE:
You could use these same steps and turn this into a place card.  The tutorial below is for a place card with a base.  I made mine with a base because they were going to be transported to the dinner location and then labels added to them.  I wanted to be sure they would be extra strong.
 FOR PLACE CARD:
- Cut CS to just under 5 1/2" so it fits inside the die (see photo).
- Position as shown in the photo.

- Run through Big Shot, using Thinlits Circle Card die.
- Score at 6" and 8 3/4."
- Fold and burnish all score lines.
- Attach small strip to front, using Liquid Tombow (or Sticky Strip), to form the base.
- BURNISH WITH BONE FOLDER INSIDE HOLDER, TO STICK TIGHT.
I realize that I don't have shot of the place card from the side.  When it is folded around and the base is attached to the front, it becomes a triangle from the side view.  I think you can get the idea.

Now, use your imagination and think of other special occasions where you could use a fancy place card.  Enjoy!

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...