Pages

Friday, February 28, 2014

Let's Talk Cards, Part 3

I've been sharing the cards we'll be making at one of my upcoming classes.  Today, let's take a look at yet another one of the cards from this upcoming class.  This card features flowers stamped onto watercolor paper, with a technique resulting in an Impressionistic style.  Let's take a look:
This card brings back fond memories of my Art Appreciation class in my undergrad work at Millikin University.  I loved that class and, while others struggled to deal with it at all, it brought out my love of art and all the wonderful art masters over the ages.  They used so many different and wonderful styles and techniques.  It's great when I can try my hand at one of their techniques, using rubber stamps to help me.  While I loved my class, I learned in a later art class that my talent with watercolor painting was, as a talent... not so much.  The great thing about using rubber stamp images to help you with your projects is that you don't have to be limited by inability to paint or draw your own images.
I'd like to throw out a big thank you to my friend, Sushi, for reminding me to try this technique again.  It's been a while since I used this technique and I really enjoyed doing it again.

Click here to see what Sushi created using this technique.

Again, here's a sneak peek at what we'll be making for our (March 14) Friday Night Cards Class.
These cards will include playing with DSP a bit and a lot of water coloring techniques.  I think you'll enjoy them a lot.  The class includes envelopes and all materials to make the cards, except your adhesive.  All the envelopes are dressed up to coordinate with the cards, too.

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...