Pages

Friday, January 30, 2015

A Desktop Calendar

The New Year has already hit such a fast pace that I haven't even shown you what we made at my January Scraps and Prayers class yet.  It was a pretty desktop calendar, thanks to my having a stash of leftover 'birch bark' papers from an old kit we had last Thanksgiving.  I loved this paper and just had to tuck some away for other projects.  Here's what we made.
The ribbons are all brand new except for the very top layer and that's a favorite that I kept in my 'stash' as well.  I do so many vintage projects that I knew I'd be wanting more of it.  The leaf sprig is from the retired framelits that went with our Secret Garden stamp set.  It's good for lots of projects, too.

The scripture is typed onto vellum CS and then attached by adding adhesive only to the end that is tucked behind the ribbons.  Adhesive shows behind vellum so you always need to plan a way to use it where you can hide it under another part of your project.

The case is still available if you need to order one.  It makes it handy to stand it up on display at your desk.

While you're here, let's take a look at what's up for February.  Classes are already filling up fast, so if you're interested in either or both of them, be sure to sign up ASAP.  Class size will be limited!!!

- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world.
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...