Pages

Friday, January 2, 2015

Styles of Scrapbooking, Frameable Scrapbooking... Part 1

Today's post is about a favorite scrapbooking style of mine --- frameable scrapbooking.  I've made several framed projects to honor family members and/or ancestors.  I've used many sizes of shadowbox frames and collage frames and have even made a favorite project using an old drawer.  This is a fun way to use items that you really treasure but are too bulky for a traditional scrapbook page.

5.
frameable scrapbooking
--- creating a frame to showcase a particular theme or collection of memories.  These can be made as collage frames or shadow box frames. 

Let's take a look at some of my projects.  These are what I call collage frames.
In the frame above, I've used my dad's old watch, some old house numbers from his house, an Odd Fellows pin that belonged to my great grandfather, and various embellishments, including some old Scrabble set letters.  This frame was done in a vintage style, to go with the old photos.  When it comes to favorite projects, this is at the top of the list.

In the frame below, I've used more modern embellishments, to go with more current photos.
In part 2 on Frameable Scrapbooking, I'll be sharing some shadowbox frames I've made.  Be sure to come back to see them.
 

UP NEXT FOR JANUARY:
January 13
Scraps and Prayers ... 5:30-7:30 / $15.00 class fee
Class is full. / Registration closed.
January 17
Saturday Stampers ... 1:00-3:30 / $18.00 class fee

ALSO IN JANUARY:  
January 24 / 10:00-12:00 / Forsyth Library / By reservation only. 
Scrapbook Your Heritage class 

Thanks for stopping by my part of the blogging world.  Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.
Be sure to check out my additional posts on popular styles of scrapbooking.  You need to see them all to really get the whole picture.  Have a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...