Pages

Saturday, January 17, 2015

A Vintage Tribute in Sepia Tones

I included today's layout at the end of one of my previous posts on Heritage Scrapbooking, and today I'd like to take another look at it and talk about the elements in this layout.  I'm excited to say, too, that this is the layout we will be making at the Scrapbook Your Heritage class that I'm teaching at our Forsyth Library in January.   Everyone has liked it so much that we're going to make it at my February Scraps and Prayers class, as well.
This layout is a tribute to my Aunt Vivian, my mother's sister.  I'll later add journaling to include some special things I remember about her.
She was always so nice to me and could style my curly hair better than anyone ever has been able to do... and she did it all, basically, with just her fingers.  She had a beautiful, musical laugh.
The partial doily piece you see, along with the butterfly are both cut from our brushed gold CS.  I tried it just to see how it would look and I was blown away by how well it coordinates with the sepia tones in my layout.
Elements of a good vintage layout:
- sepia tones
- rich textures
- layers
- subtle layers of stamping, adding to the texture of the layout
--- Above all, the photos should be the star of each page.

- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world.
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...