Pages

Friday, January 16, 2015

How do YOU like to scrapbook? Putting it all together.

As we come to the end of my series on Styles of Scrapbooking, you've now seen it all.  You now have the tools to take it from here.  You may even want to try a little of each style.  If you do, you'll be able discover which style you like the best.  There's a time and a place for each style and however you do it, scrapbooking will help you relive each happy memory again and again.  It will preserve your memories and help you share them with future generations.

Let's take another look at all 10 popular styles of scrapbooking that I've been highlighting.  I'll share one example for each.  If you would like to see them all again, just keep scrolling backward until you've reviewed them all.
1.
scrapbooking using kits
2.
traditional scrapbooking
3.
mini albums
4.
using journals
5.
frameable scrapbooking
5a.
shadowbox projects
6.
digital scrapbooking
7.
hybrid projects
8.
bare basics scrapbooking
9.
Project Life (NEW to Stampin' Up!!!)
10.
Scrapbooking your heritage:  Heritage Albums
10, Part 2
Digital Heritage Scrapbooking
I'm sure I've probably forgotten something else here, but these are the methods I've used... so far.  What do I like the best?  I'm most often a traditional scrapbooker.  I think this is mostly because my generation likes to make albums to preserve and share our family history.  Do I like trying the other methods?  Yes, I do!  I think they all have their place.  I would not place vintage photos in a paper bag album, but I would enjoy making a paper bag album for a gift for someone or to showcase an event.  I LOVE making framed projects... vintage and more modern... but you can't put all your photos up on the wall or on a shelf, nor would you want to do so.  So, again, how do you decide?   

Do what works for you.  
Do what best preserves and showcases your memories.  

Do what works best for what you're trying to preserve or share.  Try them all and you'll know what works best for you.  Do you need to buy supplies to try each and every style and method of scrapbooking?  Absolutely not!  Try different classes, where everything is supplied and prepared for you.  Then, you'll learn how to do each method and you'll know what works best for you.

However you choose to do it, the whole purpose of scrapbooking is to showcase and preserve your memories... to tell your story.  You'll end up with something to treasure for years to come.

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

2 comments:

  1. I like your scrapbook series. I'm trying to organize 30 years of photos from my marriage and 4 grown children, looking for ideas. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Patty. My advice to you is to get a simple hanging file box. Create a folder for each category you need... parents/grandparents/kids... whatever you come up with. Then, start sorting photos. One reason I like traditional scrapbooking is that you can start a page anywhere and place it later where it fits into the whole picture. I can do the same digitally, by making folders of my photos on my desktop. Just jump in and get going. You'll be glad you did. Hope this helps. Let me know how you're getting along.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...