Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

OBX 2016 ... An 'Interesting Vacation' ... Part 3, Some Artsy Shots

We didn't get out very much this vacation, due to all the flooding, but I was able to get some fun shots that I call my 'artsy' shots.



A funny story:
One day, we were down on the beach just looking around.  We didn't walk very far because it was almost dusk.  As we turned to walk back toward the stairs that lead over the dunes, a man came down the stairs.  He had a pillow, a blanket, and a wad of clothes under one arm and a suitcase in his other hand.  When he got to the more solid sand on the beach, he set down the suitcase, pulled up the handle and started off down the beach ... wheeling his suitcase. 
I told Bill that I didn't think beach bums had wheeled luggage and that you just don't see this every day.  The man saw us looking at him and he said:  "I know it's crazy, but I can't get to my house from the road." 
The last road before the houses that sat right on the beach was no longer a road.  It was a long, long river.  When we walked back to the parking lot where we leave our car to walk to the beach, we saw that it was nearly full.  I guess a lot of people had to walk down the beach to get to their houses.
Come on back for Part 4.  This part is not for the feint of heart, so you've been warned. 

- Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top to see my class schedules. 
- Look on the left for sneak peeks and registration policies. 
- Please sign up to follow my blog and/or leave a comment. 
- Come  back often for more creative inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...