Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Sketch Template Series, Part 4

Today's post is our 4th and final sketch in our sketch template series.  Today's cards are all about threes --- so triple the fun.  Let's get right to it.  
This is a really great sketch and easily inspires a lot of creative ideas.  It would look good with a vertical orientation, too.
Notice how Jenn changed the orientation of the top layer a bit.  I love the little baker's twine bow at the end of the ribbon.

For my card, I used the same DSP and broke out my bottle caps.  This one has been smashed.  To see how to easily smash them, click here.
I let the natural design of the DSP become the 3 images from the sketch.  Then I highlighted one by attaching it inside the bottle cap.  

Here's another way you could use this design, similar yet fresh and new.
All 3 of these cards show creative use of ribbon, also.  Ribbon can be a wonderful way to add a quick and beautiful accent to your card creations.

For Lynn's card, she stamped the poppies, colored them in and then used circle punches to accent the 3 pieces.  This is an excellent example of a fresh take on a large stamp.  I love the look.  I'm sorry I didn't get close-ups of Lynn's cards.  I was clicking away quickly as she was preparing to leave the meeting and I didn't want to hold her up.
Notice that Lynn did not use any ribbon or embellishments.  Because of the busy design in the background paper, I don't think she needed anything else.  Her design lets your eyes rest where they should --- on the 3 focal pieces.

That concludes the cards and templates that we have made so far.  We're still waiting for out-of-state people to have a chance to do theirs.
Our Team meets again next week and I already have a plan for continuing our little card sketch templates project.  At our next meeting, everyone will be bringing 1 sketch template with them --- one they've found that they really like or one that they've designed themselves.  Using new products from my pre-order, we will each make our version of a card from each of the templates.  

The project will continue on into June when we will each bring back 1 of the cards we made in May AND a stepped-up version of the same card.  This is really a fun project.

If you'd like to learn more about becoming a part of my Inkin' in the Land of Lincoln team, just say the word.  You're welcome to come to one of my Team Meetings and learn what it's all about.

So now I'd really love to hear from you.
  • Did you try one of the sketch templates?
  • Which one did you try?
  • Which sketch template do you like the best?

Have a great day and... you know the drill... go stamp something!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...