Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Circles and Bottle Caps / Bottle Cap Mini Tutorial

Today is all about circles and bottle caps --- one of our layouts from my Scraps and Prayers Class and a mini tutorial on using our wonderful bottle caps.

Here we go:

This layout is all about circles, even using punched circles for a scalloped edging effect. 
For this layout, I chose to make each page basically the same but a mirror image of the opposite side.
Here's a close-up of the bottle cap.  I used our 1" circle punch to punch out a whale from the design like you see in the circle to its left.  I love these little whales!  You may notice that I've flattened the bottle caps.  I didn't want the page protector to be ruined by the bulk or sharper edges of a bottle cap sticking up in my album.

Here's how you flatten the bottle caps.  It's really super easy!





So, there you have it.  I hope you'll try flattening some bottle caps of your own.  It is almost addictive because it's so easy and so much fun.  Isn't that the way with all our projects, though?  I think so!

In a few days, I'll post the second layout we also made, using the same layout template.  Be sure to come back soon to check it out.  Now, go scrap something.

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...