Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

It's All About the Team / A Teeny Weeny Mini Tutorial

I had my Team Meeting yesterday for my downline and we did a shoebox swap.  Would you like to see what we made?  This post kind of runs like a narration for a fashion show ... and fashion and style is what we have here!
First up is Lynn's design.  She used a delightful combo of Midnight Muse, Crumb Cake and Island Indigo.  The stamp set and framelits coordinate --- Secret Garden.  If you love to add cut flowers to your design but don't like fussy cutting, these framelits were made for you!  The large framelits are from our Window Frame Collection of framelits.  The DSP is Print Poetry.
Next up is my daughter Jenn's design.  She's used Tea for Two DSP and the cute little stamps and coordinating punch from our Sale-A-Bration collection.  Once the 2 pieces of DSP were attached to the Lucky Limeade layer, we embossed the entire piece, giving it the look of a wonderful, cuddly quilt.  I'm not a big pink lover, but this card is a winner for sure.
For Laura's card, she used the chalkboard technique.  You can find more about this fun technique here.  I really love this card.  Banners are really hot right now and the Hearts A Flutter stamps and coordinating framelits help to make this card a winner. She's used them in a very creative way, too.

Didn't my team do a great job?

Before I show you mine, I want to share one more of Lynn's projects with you.  This is a Valentine's Day card she made for her kids.  She even added real stitching, which I just love!
Is this cute or what?  Love it!

Now, I've saved my card for last because I have a teeny weeny mini tutorial to go with it.  Is there such a thing?  Well, there is today. 
I've had lots of questions about how the layers were created for the project in the top, left photo on page 20 or our Spring Catalog.  Do you see how the frame sits higher than the circular part of the image?  I love the look and just worked until I figured out how they did it. 
Here's what I did.
Stamp the image TWO times.  Cut out 1 of the images using the framelit from our Window Frame Collection.  Now, using paper snips, cut out the circle from your second image.  (We do not have a punch the size you need for this circle.)
Now, cut around the outside edges of the frame image.  Place dimensionals (You'll have to use the tiny edge pieces, so they'll fit.) on the back of the cut frame, all around the edges.  Attach the frame to the larger piece.  That's all there is to it.  It has a really nice look.
So, that's it for our Team's designs.  I'm really proud of them and hope you love their creations as much as I do.  None of these cards were overly complicated, either, so they were fun and relaxing to make.  I'll hope you'll give them a try.

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...