Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

You've Been Framed - Part 2 ... a Vintage Frame

Here's a beautiful vintage frame I made using our flower trim.  I love the pale pink with the flowers.

Here's a close-up of the flower trim around the opening for the photo:
Please use caution when working with a hot glue gun.  Hot glue is not your friend when it comes to meeting up with your fingers!

Here's a close-up of some of the extra goodies I added --- vintage lace... and more flower trim... and a faceted vintage button... and sprigs of ribbon and lace tied onto the button.  I wanted to bring out all the vintage lace and flower goodness that I possibly could!
So, here's the frame.  The DSP is from our Tea for Two Designer Series Papers.   When I saw the pale pink, I knew it would be perfect for a vintage project.
I used Mod Podge to attach the DSP to the wooden frame. Everything else is attached with hot glue, so it is stuck tight.

Tips:
  • When using an adhesive such as Mod Podge, apply a thin coat using a foam brush.  
  • Quickly, but carefully, lay the DSP on top of your project frame.  
  • Line up one side with the edge of the frame so the pattern will be straight.
  • Gently smooth out the DSP with the palms of your hands.
  • Take a plastic applicator such as we used to carry to apply Decor Elements and smooth out all the DSP, making sure there are no air pockets or bubbles.  (The plastic piece used to scrape and scrub stoneware will also work perfectly.)
This frame would be gorgeous is a nursery, a little girl's room, or anywhere you'd like a touch of pretty vintage.  Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...