Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Hang It Up --- Wreaths, Part 1

I love using wreaths to decorate and love making my own.  This week, I'll share some of my latest with you.

This first one is made by wrapping fabric around a styrofoam base.  I used our Summer Smooches Fabric for this one.
The fabric flowers are made with our Fun Flowers Die and the Big Shot.  See my tutorial for making the fabric flowers here.
I used some retired brads I found in my 'stash' for the middle of 2 of the flowers.  The third flower and the opposite side of the wreath have lady bug buttons for embellishment.  I found these in my sewing stash ... oh, yes, I have a stash for that, too.  I'm hopeless:)  
I used my craft and rubber scissors to cut the shank off the back of each button.  It's very easy to do because the buttons are plastic.  I then hot glued the buttons (and the fabric flowers) onto the wreath.  

This next wreath is one of the largest I've made.  Fortunately, I had a sunny day to photograph it outside and the hook was already there, so it worked out well.  This wreath uses the Fun Flowers Die also, to make all the flowers.  I think I have about 15 flowers on this one.  It's a really big wreath.
I used our Essentials Designer Fabric for the flowers.  I got the ribbon from our Sale Rack.  Be sure to check the Sale Rack often, because they have great bargains.  

I used some of our Antique Brads for the centers of the buttons on this wreath.
Come back for my next posts and see more wreaths.  I hope you'll get hung up on them.  Ha, ha --- couldn't resist.

I have my Scraps and Prayers Class tonight and we're making 2 Spring layouts.  I can't wait to share those with you, too. 

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...