Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Our Club Banner Project

Here is the banner we made at our Hostess Scrapbook Club this last week.  It was fun.  I made a second one to put in my Prairie Treasures Booth.  My other banners there have sold already, so I thought I'd see how they like this one:)

If you're at all interested in a fun social time, adding to your 'stash' while staying on a budget, getting lots of scrapbooking done, learning how to make other fun stamping/scrapping projects, seeing all the latest products and techniques... join our next round of Hostess Scrapbook Club.  We will begin our new round on the first Monday of March.  I'll have a gift for those who sign up and a surprise project to do with it.  We'll also start out this next round with a beautiful Spring layout, using our new Secret Garden stamp set and coordinating framelits, along with a few Pop-Up Posies.

So here's the banner.  (Come back soon to see the mini album we also made at our last crop.)


Here's how I did it:
  • I cut my squares at 4 1/4" to allow for plenty of wiggle room to apply each one onto the coaster.  
  • I covered one side of each square with Liquid Tombow Adhesive, carefully lining it up straight with one side of the coaster.
  • I gently smoothed it flat, making sure there were no bubbles or air pockets.  (Being sure to not use too much adhesive helps to get the papers on smoothly.)
  • When each square was completely dry, I trimmed around the edges and gently sanded them smooth.
  • Repeat process now with the back of each coaster, using CS or more DSP squares. 
  • I used a Crop-A-Dile to punch the holes and then tied them together with our pretty dotted ribbon. 
  • I punched scalloped circles from red glimmer paper and attached them to the coasters, slipping a half doily under each one.
  • I cut the letters with the Big Shot and applied them to the red glimmer paper scalloped circles, using Liquid Tombow Adhesive.
You can add plenty of additional embellishments, as you wish.  I decided to keep this one kind of simple and let the letters and the sparkle of the red glimmer be the stars of the show.  My colors are shades of pinks and reds.  You could experiment with other color stories, as well.

As I said, come back soon and see the mini album that we made at the same crop.  I think you'll like it!

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...