Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Shimmer Painting Tutorial

Get ready for a super fun tutorial today.  I am in love with this technique! 
We made the Calypso Coral version at my workshop last week.
I made 2 versions of each card --- horizontal and vertical.  
Aren't the flowers gorgeous? 
Here's how you do it:
  • Stamp your flowers (Secret Garden stamp set) with VersaMark ink.
  • Heat emboss with white embossing powder.
  • Gather some old containers from brads, buttons or embossing powders.
  • Mix reinker (in the color of your choice) with Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint (a few drops).
  • Using an Aqua Painter,  stir it up and paint on the mixture of reinker/shimmer paint.  The embossing helps to keep the reinker inside the line, making it super easy to paint them.
  • Let the ink/paint mixture dry.
  • Cut out the flowers using our framelits, for a quick and easy way to have perfect cuts every time.
  • Now create your card, using your beautiful flowers.
NOTE:
Be sure to really clean your Aqua Painter, to get out all the Shimmer Paint.

I used Wisteria Wonder on my first card --- reinker AND card stock.
I used Calypso Coral and Regal Rose reinkers on the coral cards, with Calypso Coral card stock.

I used Daffodil Delight reinker for all the flower centers.
I tried really hard to get a close-up of the flowers so you could see how much they actually shimmer.  In real life, they are gorgeous.

So, what do you think?  Can you think of any other stamped images that would look pretty using my Shimmer Painting technique?  Let me hear from you!  Now, go try this!!!  You'll love it.

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

2 comments:

  1. Great addition of adding in the shimmer paint. Pretty cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked these. You must try. It's super fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...