Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

Punched Filter Paper Flower Tutorial

Happy March!  Let's begin the new month with a touch of Spring --- a punched filter paper flower and card, AND tutorial.

Here's the card I made with my flower:
Here's how you do it:
Gather together 3 scallop circle punches:
  • 1 1/4" Scallop Circle Punch
  • 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch
  • 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch

Your filter paper package contains flat papers and circles.  I used the flat papers for this project.

Punch 4-5 circles for each size.  (I used 5 for my flowers.)

Important Tip:
When you punch out a circle from the filter paper, sometimes it gets almost stuck in your punch and the edges come out a little fuzzy.
If this happens to you, place a piece of scrap paper over the filter paper and punch both layers together.  It comes out crisp and clean every time.


Stack up all your layers together, lay them on your piercing mat and pierce a hole through all the layers.
Tip:
Insert your brad and push it gently into the mat.  Now you can pick up all the layers of your flower in one piece.
Bend the prongs back to hold your brad in place.
Fluff, fluff, fluff, fluff, fluff...  The more you do it, the better your flower looks.
Now you can decide if you want to leave your flower white or spritz it with some reinker in your Stampin' Spritzer.  I decided to go with a Calypso Coral, to go with the card I had in mind for this project.
Here's another view of my card, using the punched filter paper flower.  I have added DSP (Tea for Two) to the envelope flap so it will coordinate with my card.
So now it's time for you to gather up your punches and filter paper and get to work.  What will you create today?  Will you leave your flower white or choose a color?

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...