Here's a close-up of the sparkle:
The technique used to create the sparkle is called Faux Diamond Dust. It's really easy and produces WOW results every time.
Here's how you do it:
- Stamp your image, as I've stamped the shamrock.
- If you're going to use a punch to create a particular shape, punch it now.
- Cover the entire stamped piece with VersaMark ink.
- Sprinkle on Iridescent Ice EP and heat emboss it until it turns slightly darker and really sparkles.
- Do not overheat or you'll lose some of the sparkle.
- That's it! It's just that easy.
Here's the card I made. As you can see, it's a slightly stepped up version of the card in my previous post. As always, I've stamped a coordinating envelope, too. The DSP is from the Print Poetry little pack of fabulous papers.
I'm off to go wrap Ben's presents now. It should be a fun day. I plan to do a little birthday celebrating with him and a little stamping in my studio. Yesterday, I made some really fun bunny projects. I'll be sharing those soon.
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world.
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks.
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.