Pages

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Decorated Pails for Easter

I found these cute little pails on sale at the fabric store and knew I should take them home and decorate them.  I think they turned out pretty cute.  Each one has a tag for Easter.

Here's the pink one.
For the tags, I 'painted' in parts of each image with white craft ink, using the Aqua Painter and then went back and painted in the colors I wanted, using various colors of inks.  I went back and highlighted a few areas with Stampin' Write Markers.  It all makes for a really nice subtle, pastel look to the images.

Here's a close-up of the pink one:
Here's a pale blue one.
Here's a lavender one.
...and here they all are together:
As with my Easter baskets in my last 3 posts (pink, blue, and wicker), I hot glued the flower trim around the top edge of the pail.  I added ribbons one each side of the handle.  I used the same filler material as I used in the blue basket.

I had a tax glitch in preparing the inventory from my booth and neglected to figure it for beginning and end of 2012 so I spent 12 hours yesterday learning more about using the Excel program, everything and then getting the needed totals.  I am sooooooo happy to have that done!!!  Now... I can get back to stamping and sewing and scrapbooking and cleaning and laundry and playing with my grandbabies and celebrating Easter at church tomorrow and... just enjoying doing anything BUT taxes.

I hope you're having a wonderful weekend and I wish you a blessed Easter tomorrow.  Surely Spring will find us soon.

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...