This card will be one of the choices at my next Friday 3-4-5 Card Buffet. I got carried away this time and, instead of 12 choices, you'll have 14 choices. Cards left over after the class will be available for the next Walk-In Wednesday (March 27).
And now --- a touch of Easter spells Spring, for sure!
The colors in the DSP help do all the planning for you --- ribbon, ink colors --- all made simple.
As you know, I love to coordinate the envelope with the card, so I stamped this same little bunny onto the envelope.
I've used one of my favorite tools for coloring for this card --- the Aqua Painter. I did not even take the time or trouble to squeeze the ink pad and make a puddle of color (in the lid) for painting my images, although you certainly could do so.
What I did was even quicker and easier AND helps to keep you from getting too much liquid on your brush tips. I squeezed my Aqua Painter just enough to get the brush tip damp. You do NOT want too much water on your brush tip! Then, I just stroked directly over the ink pad to pick up the color for my painting. The more color you pick up, the darker your image will be.
- Do you see that the image on the envelope is slightly darker than the image on the card? To do this, I just picked up more color.
- As with all watercolor painting, your image will always dry slightly lighter.
- By controlling where you apply your color, you can add beautiful and subtle shading to your images.
- Because I'm not getting my images too wet, I used regular Whisper White CS and stamped with Basic Gray ink.
- If you want your coloring to be wetter, use Shimmery White CS or watercolor paper and stamp your images with StazOn ink.
My finishing touches:
- a sprig of ribbon, in a knotted bow
- sponging around the punched pieces
- attaching the punched pieces with dimensionals
I hope every bunny enjoyed my card today:) Now, go stamp something ... and have a great weekend!
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world.
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks.
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.