Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Happy Spring ... with a Spring Banner

Happy first day of Spring!  My Spring Banner is sure to promote a touch of Spring, even if it doesn't feel like it so much today.


Remember my Spring card in my previous post?  While I was making it, I stamped extra pieces that I could use to make a banner.  I used the Scallop Circle die for the backing, added our paper doilies, layered on the medallion pieces and then made some butterflies to place here and there along the banner.

The letters were die cut using the Typeset Alphabet with the Big Shot.  I did not use any dimensionals for the banner, as I did with my Spring card, because I wanted them attached securely with Liquid Tombow, so the banner would hold up for a long time.  There are so many layers, that you really don't need dimensionals.  I only added the adhesive in the center of each layer, so all the edges of the pieces are actually fluffed out a bit.  It also made it easier to attach the letters on top by having the layers behind them flat in the centers.

My color story:
  • Regal Rose
  • Wild Wasabi
  • Daffodil Delight
Tip:
I cut 2 scallop circles (with the die) for the backing, so I could encase the ribbon between the 2 layers.  This hides the ribbon and holds it more securely in place.


So, did I put you in the mood for Spring?  If not, go make a banner of your own and you'll be smiling all through the day.

I had a really productive day yesterday.  It is SUCH a good feeling to cross off items on your 'To Do' list!  I'm off to work up a storm again today.  This is Day 3 of my Work Like a Dog mission.  I'll let you know tomorrow how it all came out for me.  I'm pretty pleased.  Sometimes, you just have to dig in and "git 'er done" and you'll be glad you did.  No, I'm not finished with taxes yet, but they're coming along a bit.  I would much rather stamp:)  Have a great day and come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...