Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2013

For the Birds --- A Cute Little Spring Card

Today, I have a post that is strictly For the Birds!  It sums of my week and this card.  The card is one we made at my Friday 3-4-5 Card Buffet last night.
I chose the colors from the Birds of a Feather DSP to plan my card and chose Summer Starfruit and Raspberry Ripple for my CS, with a sprig of coordinating Raspberry Ripple stitched ribbon to accent the focal piece.
The images on the focal piece are 'painted' with the coordinating ink colors, using an Aqua Painter.  After stamping 2 more birds and punching them out with a scallop circle punch, I sponged around the edges of the focal piece. This gives added texture and interest.

I did not add a text on the front of the card.  I frequently do this whenever I have a card that can be used for several possible occasions.   That way, it's ready to go when I need it and I can stamp or write the needed message on the inside of the card before sending it.

So, that's my card.  As for my week, it seems to also have been for the birds.

I spent / wasted a lot of time on technology wars.  I won some, lost some and some are still raging on.  On Friday (yesterday), I finished off my week by having an enjoyable lunch with my daughter down at the Wildflour.

After lunch, we decided to go look around one of our local stores.  It's in a very old building with several areas being at different levels that are joined together by steps.  The steps all have warning signs to 'Watch your Step' but I still managed to go flying off one of them and literally hitting the floor of the next level with a running step.  It was either that or fall flat on my face.

Why can't I look where I'm going?!!!  Anyway, I could feel myself getting increasingly sore as my class went on last night.  This morning, as I feared, I'm so very sore and literally in a world of pain.  I know it hurt my hips (fake hardware and all) but it absolutely killed my back to step down so hard like that.

I guess I'll be taking it easy for the rest of the weekend AND trying harder to watch where I'm going!  Next posts:  expect more Spring cards because, as you know, I'm dying for Spring here!!!  Hope your weekend goes well.

Don't forget to reset your clocks tonight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...