Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

You've Been Framed - Part 1 ... and ... How to Make Fabric Flowers

This week, I want to share some of my framing projects with you.  Today's project started as a plain, square frame.  I love making projects for home decor and frames are especially fun!

I did it all with fabric!  Did you know that you can iron fabric directly onto cardboard?  It's really easy.  I used our Fabric Adhesive Roll and attached the fabric to a cardboard insert for the inside of the frame.  I love the look of the cheery red with polka dots!

The fabric flowers are made with our Fun Flowers die.  I used 2 of each size of the cut flowers and layered them.  I pierced a hole with our piercing tool and then inserted a brad to hold them together.  Sometimes, I sew a button to the center instead of using a brad.   To fluff them and give them shape, I used a product called Stiffen Quick.  I got them quite wet and then pushed them into a mini muffin pan, so they would hold a more rounded shape as they dried.  I usually speed up the process a bit by using my heat tool on them.  I like to give them plenty of time to dry and then fluff them a bit before attaching.  I used my hot glue gun to attach them to the frame.

I could see a frame like this in a baby's room, a little girl's room, a teen's room, a craft room...

Tell me what you think... and be sure to come back tomorrow and I'll show you a vintage frame I made, using our flower trim.

Don't forget about the Friday 3-4-5 Card Buffet class this Friday night and the Collage Frames class coming up on Feb. 21.  I hope you'll join us for 1 or both of these fun classes.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...