When I start a new frame, I always start with the background. It may be one piece of DSP or several smaller pieces, using a different design in each section of the frame. For this project, I decided to try fabric.
I've used one solid piece of fabric for my background, using our More Amore designer fabrics. I've laid out the other patterns from this group, along with a couple from our Summer Smooches designer fabrics. As with papers, laying out your patterns of fabric helps you think about what looks best together.
I do NOT have glass over my fabric, because I wanted the texture of the fabric to really show. I actually ironed the fabric onto the glass! In one of my next posts, I'll share with you how to do it. It's really easy.
Here's another frame with the same fabric.
Remember, I have my Third Thursday Class --- Collage Frames --- this week, so let me know if you'd like to join us. The frames are included in the materials for the class, so it's a really good price. We'll be using papers for our class projects and I'll have a variety available so you can choose what you like the best for your project.
Here are some of my other frames, so you can see the endless possibilities.
Here are some other framed projects my customers and I have made:
Would you like to try creating a framed project? Here's how:
- Choose a theme for your project.
- Think about where/how you will use your project --- gift, home decor...
- Choose a frame suitable for your project. Frames with divided sections or divided mats work really well for collage frames.
- Choose your colors --- fabric or papers.
- Cover the background for your frame --- either all 1 piece or different pieces in each section.
- Collect photos / special objects to add to your frame, keeping with your theme.
- Look through your stamps and create images to add to your project.
- Choose some embellishments to compliment your project.
- Step back and look at your project.
- Decide if you think it needs something else to add to it.
- When you think you're finished, step back and admire.
- Give it to someone special, hang it on your wall, or set it on your mantel for all to enjoy.
Now, go try one. You'll love it!