Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

It's About Time

If you're like me, you're probably feeling like 2013 is already marching along pretty fast.  It's about time for more calendars, too.  Today's calendars are made from heavy coasters.  I don't like clutter all over my fridge, but I do like to have a little calendar there, so these work out perfectly.
These are covered with fabric!  I used our Fabric Adhesive Roll and ironed the fabric directly onto the coasters.  I embellished them with scraps of ribbon, Antique Brads and some of our Pop-Up Posies.
I purchased the coasters from an online craft supplier, but I can't remember the name.  You buy them in bulk, so I've had them around long enough to forget the supplier.
You can get them square or round.  I kind of like both.  I use a magnet on the back, so I can put it on the fridge.  I made some (with a fishing theme) for my husband's file cabinet, too.  
This is one we made at one of our Hostess Scrapbook Club crops.  It has DSP on both sides and I've used our new woven ribbon, along with various buttons, for embellishments.
If you don't have coasters, you can create a beautiful calendar on a smaller piece of CS.  You can also cut a shape from CS or cardboard, using your Big Shot and make your own unique calendar.  Stamp an image for the top and place a calendar on the bottom.  Embellish to your heart's content.  

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...