Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Beloved Old Favorite Stamp Set

What is our very oldest (and beloved) stamp set?  It's Lovely As A Tree.  It's beautiful, versatile and has been super popular for a long, long time now.  I've pulled it out for today's card and I think this card was the top favorite at my October Christmas Retreat.
To create the background, I used Pear Pizzazz, Lost Lagoon and Mossy Meadow markers on an acrylic block (size D), spritzed it 3 or 4 times with water and stamped the background.  After it dried, the tree was stamped in Basic Black ink, along with the sentiment.
The tree was then dressed up for Christmas, using our 2-Way Glue Pen and Dazzling Diamonds Glitter --- gorgeous and simply elegant.  The card base is Mossy Meadow.  I added a layer of black behind the top layer of the card, to pull it all together.  If you haven't tried the Acrylic Block Technique yet, you just don't know all the fun you're missing.  Each time you stamp it, you get a unique surprise.  I have several previous posts using this technique, so you can do a 'search' to learn more about it.
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or look on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...