Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Can't Have Christmas Without Cherry Cobbler!

It wouldn't be Christmas if I didn't have some cards made with our Cherry Cobbler.  Today's card is just what we need... double layers of Cherry Cobbler.  I made two versions of the card, just by varying the ribbon. 
I came up with my own technique for the edges of the focal piece on my card.  I gently brushed VersaMark Ink onto the edges of the white CS and then heat embossed with Gold EP.  It gives it a vintage, rustic look.
I embossed the holly sprig with Gold EP and then colored in the leaves with a marker. 
I lightly sponged over the embossed holly sprig on the inside of the card, as well as the coordinating envelope.
The vellum is attached by hiding the adhesive behind the white CS.  Otherwise, it would show through and not look so great.
I like how my cards turned out.  I also like adding a touch of Mossy Meadow to perfectly compliment the Cherry Cobbler.
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or look on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...