Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Peek-A-Boo!

Here's another card we'll be making at my June 13 Friday Night Cards class.  It's a little bit of a peek-a-boo card.  Take a look.  
I  used a special technique for the ribbons, from my Ribbon Techniques Album.  I tied the Blackberry Bliss ribbon around the card and then, before finishing the knot, I added a loop of Hello Honey ribbon.  This really adds a lot to the look of the card.
The giraffe is from our Zoo Babies stamp set.  The 'Hello' ticket is from Label Something.
I love how cute the giraffe looks peeking out of the window.  I cut the window with one of our oval framelits and then embossed the Hello Honey layer.  I love how it compliments the Blackberry Bliss.  I added a strip of DSP on the bottom of the inside of the card and then used a piece on the envelope flap, as well.
Tip:
Cut the oval window first and then emboss the top layer.  If you emboss first, the embossing gets flattened back down when you run it through to cut the window.
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...