Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Coloring Techniques, Part 12

Today's method of using color is a quick and easy, yet beautiful technique... simply use a color of embossing powder (EP).  My choice for this project is our gorgeous Crushed Curry EP. 
First, stamp your image using VersaMark Ink and then heat emboss.  I've chosen black CS to create a really striking and dramatic effect with the Crushed Curry flowers.  

Here's the card I made using this technique.
I had to think a while on what to do with this card because I didn't want to take away from the embossed layer.  I finally came up with the idea to add a vellum strip, emboss the 'hello' in black and then punch out a flower that was embossed on vellum.  I love how it turned out!  I decorated the inside as well, so it would really look pretty... inside and out.  So, I've actually shown you 3 ways to use a color of EP on your project, as well as more ways to use vellum.

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...