Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Coloring Techniques, Part 8

How about a little 'thumping' today for our coloring technique?  This is done by lightly tapping the  sides of markers directly onto a stamp, to give it subtle variations of color.  I inked my evergreen first in Pear Pizzazz, so it would have a light color going from the start and then used various shades of green Stampin' Write Markers to create color variations, giving texture and life to this beautiful stamp.
Here's a card I created using this technique.  Did you know that Lovely As A Tree is our oldest and most beloved stamp set?  I can certainly see why.  It is a wonderful set of stamps.
I stamped a little on the inside of the card, as well as creating a coordinating envelope.
Come back for my next post and we'll be creating a background with markers in several colors.  

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...