Pages

Monday, April 7, 2014

Very Hungry Caterpillar Party

As I mentioned in my previous post, my daughter-in-law and I get together each year (for 3 years now) to create all the party stuff for Olive Jane's birthday.  It is so much fun.  This year, I was delighted when Olive chose to have a Very Hungry Caterpillar party.   There were a lot of ideas out there that sparked my creative mode and, with the help of many, wonderful Stampin' Up! products, here is what I designed and then Jen and I made them all.  Spoiler alert:  If you're coming to the party and want to be surprised, stop here!

The book:
This is a big anniversary year for Eric Carle, so Olive Jane has great taste! 
The invitations:
The treat bags are from our Celebration Basics Kit and then I added the coordinating invitations.  I got out one of my most favorite (retired) stamps sets ever (Bugs and Kisses) to use the caterpillar stamp for the envelopes.
The treat bags:
The thank you cards:

The color story:
Chocolate Chip
Crumb Cake
Garden Green
Gumball Green
Old Olive
Real Red

The finishing touch --- personalization:
It's difficult to read the second stamp at this angle.  It says 'Thanks from Olive Jane.'

We decided not to make a birthday banner this year and try our hand at making a caterpillar from big lanterns.  I can't wait to see how it all comes together!
Perhaps, if you have a little one, this post will give you some party theme ideas.  I think we're going to have a great party.

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...