Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Vintage Santa Card

I think this is the perfect card for Christmas Eve.  I love all things Vintage, when it comes to stamping and in finding 'treasures' while antiquing or visiting unique thrift stores.  I love taking something a bit old and grungy and making it into something new and fun.  I've been enjoying a lot of this type of project lately, as well as actually using up bunches of various stashed items in my storage room ... stored under the "I'll make something with this someday" category. 
Yay!  I actually have some empty spaces now and plan to keep it that way.  I don't know why I get on these major organizing binges, but I do and it feels so good to see and enjoy the results.  It also jump starts my creativity, as I enjoy more space to work and all.
My new Stitched Shapes oval and scallop from my Layering Ovals Framelits work perfectly for this card.  I added a little coloring after embossing with Gold EP.  Love, love, love it!
This year, I also enjoyed actually making handmade gifts for various loved ones.  I made a fun calendar for my husband.  Today is his birthday.  He gets to celebrate by having the entire church choir sing Happy Birthday to him each year, before our Christmas Eve service:)

I also made handmade gifts for each of my 3 oldest grandchildren.  It's so much fun to create something that is just for them and personalized to their needs and tastes.  I'm not sure, with babysitting full time, how I had time to do all that this year, but I will chock it up to caring for the world's most perfect baby, along with feeling better than I have for quite a while.  I hope this continues.  I realize now, after wrapping up all the gifts, that I didn't get a photo of any of them, so I could share with you.  I'll try to get some shots when they open their gifts.
Christmas Eve blessings to you and yours.  It's a beautiful time of the year.
Updates:
- I'll have class schedules coming out soon for 2017.

- Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top to see my class schedules. 
- Look on the left for sneak peeks and registration policies. 
- Please sign up to follow my blog and/or leave a comment. 
- Come  back often for more creative inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...