Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A Best of Autumn Card

While on vacation and away from the net, I missed wishing you a happy first day of Fall!  So I'll continue with that thought today, now that I'm home.  I love this season, maybe best of all the seasons.  Fall, to me, is full of rich colors, rich textures and natural beauty --- key elements to my art work.  I tried to incorporate all those elements into this project.


My color story:
  • Crushed Curry
  • Chocolate Chip
  • Tangerine Tango (a smidge, in the sponging)
I tried something new to give a little shimmer to the leaves.  Since our Frost White Shimmer Paint retired, I felt lost without my shimmer mist concoction.  I used all the time.  I turned to a new product and made up a new batch using the Illuminate Reinker.  The Illuminate ink pad and reinker were first introduced in our 2012 Holiday catalog and carried over to our new big catalog.  It gives a subtle shimmer when stamped on a project.

How to do it:
  • Pour rubbing alcohol into an empty spray bottle or spritzer.
  • Fill to at least 3/4 full with the alcohol.
  • Add LOTS of Illuminate Reinker.  
  • Shake well to mix.  The mixture should look super cloudy.
I can't say an exact amount because I had a brand new bottle and used it up down to the top of the label.  I poured, so I couldn't count drops.  The point is to add a bunch, try it and add more if you feel like you need more shimmer.  Keep testing it on scraps until you get it the way you like.  It works.   I will admit that I still like the Frost White Shimmer Paint mixture the best, but we have to use what is available to us.  The last time I looked, you can still get the Frost White Shimmer Paint on the Clearance Rack, but I wanted to use something that we can get once the old supplies run out.  Give it a try and see what you think.

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...