Pages

Friday, October 11, 2013

My New Front Porch Wreath

I've made a lot of wreaths, but never one where I had to design and make it up as I went along, using floral materials.  I never really thought I could do it... until I tried it.  I cut up some decorative leaves that I used as an arrangement in a vase last year and added them to a grapevine wreath, along with some sprigs of this and that.  When I was finished, I was pretty happy.  Best of all, I didn't spend one cent making it.  I cut around the glue from the fabric flowers, keeping them in tact to use for some other project, and reused the wreath I already had on my porch.  I kept the burlap bow, but arranged it into a new style and tacked it in place with hot glue.  See what you think:




This is how the wreath USED to look.  I made it using Stampin' Up! fabric, cut into flowers with the Big Shot.
Leave me a comment and tell me what you think.  I really like it a lot and hope it will inspire you to try one for yourself. 

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I think I need more porches because I have so many ideas for more wreaths. It was really fun to change it up.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...