Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Blessings and Banners Projects, Part 2

I have been really looking forward to sharing today's project with you.  This is my Blessings Banner.  It coordinates with the Fall Wreath we made at my September Stamp Club.  We'll be making it at my Oct. 23 Blessings and Banners Class.  I've hung the wreath and the banner on my china cabinet that houses my antique (family 'heirlooms') china.  The only difficult part was getting the cup hooks into the wood above the china cabinet so we could hang the banner.  After that, it was simple to get a hook inserted for the wreath.  It was well worth all the hard work and I couldn't have gotten the first 2 cup hooks inserted at all without the help of my DH.  Our cabinet is made of some seriously sturdy wood!  Here's my banner:




My color story:
  • Coastal Cabana
  • Cajun Craze
  • Early Espresso
  • Tangerine Tango
  • Crushed Curry
  • Alcohol and reinker mixtures of these colors to spritz the banner background pieces.

Helpful tips:
  • These were all the same colors used in the wreath.  I cut extra leaves when I made my wreath, so I would have them for the banner.
  • I spritzed each of the canvas banner pieces to achieve coordinating background colors.
  • I stenciled the letters onto flag shaped pieces cut from CS.
  • The DSP, as with the wreath, is Eastern Elegance.
  • I added some fringed burlap ribbon to give additional layers of texture and color.
  • To save time when I made all the leaves, I designated 1 embossing folder for each color. 
  • For other details, see my post on the Fall Wreath.
Before I go, I'd like to wish a very Happy Anniversary to my son and to the best DIL a mother could ever possibly have.  They have both given me such happiness and are a blessing to us all.  Happy Anniversary, Matt and Jen.  Love you!!!
Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you love the banner as much as I do.  It was so much fun to make it.

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...