Pages

Saturday, October 12, 2013

My Antiquing Finds, Part 1

If you read my blog on a regular basis, you will recall that I promised some time back to share with you what I found on some of my last antiquing hunts.  I love, love, love to go antiquing.  If a place has beautifully arranged items, I feel like I'm stepping back in time and it evokes joyful memories of childhood visits to see grandparents.  If a place has lots and lots of 'stuff' to hunt through, I'm in heaven.  I seem to be more apt to find what I need at places like this.  Here are some of my latest finds.  These went on my front porch.

This first photo just begs you to come and sit a while.  I love sunflowers AND old watering cans!!!
See how well my fabric flowers have held up throughout the summer.  They'll be fine to use next year, too.
I've had the ducks a while.  I got them on vacation one year in North Carolina.  They kept falling over, so I glued them to a board.  Now they always stay put.  
I love the old cut off ladder, paint splatters and all.  The cute little bench is not an antique, but I love it.  And yes, the boys already asked if they could sit on it.
I had to have this little mini ice cream chair.  It fits perfectly into this little spot by my front door.
Can you see Toby Joe peeking out the door?  Last up, an old, wooden ironing board that was already stenciled.  Love it!  I saw one like it on Pinterest and wanted to make it.  This one had just been finished by the man's wife that sold it to me.  I know I will do some tweaking, but I love my new goodies for my porch.
Come back soon and see more of my finds.  Next time, I'll be sharing some of my stash that I will be working on over the next few months.  I'm trying to decide what colors to use for everything.  Fun!!!

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to go antiquing with you some time. Awesome finds, but you do have that artists eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come along any time! I love doing it!!! You never know what you will find.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...