Pages

Monday, November 12, 2018

Frosted Floral Pine Tree Project

I went to our local hobby store to get another artist canvas and happened to walk by this unfinished pine tree.  I thought it might make for a fun project, to kind of tie in with my other Frosted Floral projects, so I added it to my cart.  Here's what I created with it.
I started out by giving it a coat of white gesso.  Once that dried, I added my DSP strips, one section at a time (already cut to size), attaching with clear gesso.  I carefully smoothed it out, so there would be no wrinkles or bubbles and made sure none of the edges were sticking up.  After it dried, I added a top coat of clear gesso.

When I added the final top coat of clear gesso, I decided to sprinkle Dazzling Diamonds glitter all over it, while the gesso was still wet.  In real life, it's covered with a gorgeous glimmer.
The snowflakes were cut from White Velvet Sheets (from our Snowflake Showcase).  I used a combination of sizes and styles of snowflakes, cut from our Beautiful Blizzard die (It makes a bunch of snowflakes all at one time!) as well as the snowflake dies from our Snowflake Showcase.  I saved the extras for another project.  What a fun little craft break!
--- NEXT CLASSES / EVENTS:

--- Holiday Open House Party
     Nov. 18 / 2:00-5:00 / A 'no fee' event
     RSVP REQUIRED TO ATTEND

- Dec. 10 / Scraps and Prayers / 5:30-7:30 / $15.00
     Beautiful Christmas Cards / Class will be limited to 6.
     PAY TO REGISTER ONE WEEK PRIOR TO CLASS.
 --- Special Drawing for Customers
You have until the end of November to qualify. 
You'll get your name in the drawing once for EACH order ... Now through Nov. 30.   
CLICK HERE FOR ALL THE INFO. 

Toby Joe is my Event Coordinator for all this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...