Pages

Friday, November 2, 2018

Playing with Tranquil Tide / Peace and Joy Fancy Fold Card / Tutorial

When I first 'met' Tranquil Tide, I was ok with it, but not excited like I was with Granny Apple Green.  However, all of our colors take on a life of their own when you pair them with something special.  That's why I love playing with color.

I've said for years that I wasn't really a green lover, but Lemon Lime Twist and Granny Apple Green made me eat my words.  I love them.  I also love Mossy Meadow.  To me, that's the perfect dark green.  Greens like Garden Green and Shaded Spruce take a little more effort on my part to enjoy.  However, pair them with the right color story and they work fine.

The thing about Tranquil Tide that is its saving grace for me is that it has blue undertones.  I love blue - lots of shades of blue.  For this card, however, I paired it with our gorgeous Joyous Noel DSP and didn't need to go looking for a color story.

I did a little playing with Tranquil Tide and made 2 cards - each with a different design - and really like them.  If I'd paired them with a totally different color, I would have had a completely different result.  Again, that's why I love playing with color so much.  It never gets old.  I'll share one of my cards today and one in my next post.  Here's my Fancy Fold card.
This Fancy Fold is sometimes called a Z-fold.  It's a backwards Z to me, so I just call it a Fancy Fold card:)
The basic design is so simple.  You cut and score just as you would to make a regular top-fold A4 card.  Then, you flip it over (makes it easier to fold) and score again to divide the front of your card in half.
So here's what you're doing.
Cut CS to 4 1/4 X 11".
Score at 5 1/2.
Flip over and score at 2 3/4.
Fold card in half and then fold front back.
So easy and fun.
The sky's the limit on how you choose to decorate and embellish your card.
I hope you'll try it.
Another tip:
I placed all 3 of the small stamps for the envelope on the same block and stamped them all at once.  I stamped them on the flap of the envelope back, too.

--- NEXT CLASSES / EVENTS: 
- Nov. 12 / Scraps and Prayers / 5:30-7:30 / $15.00
     Mixed Media Christmas Project
     PAY TO REGISTER ON WEEK PRIOR TO CLASS. 
     ONLY 1 REMAINING SPOT FOR THIS CLASS.

--- Holiday Open House Party
     Nov. 18 / 2:00-5:00 / A 'no fee' event
     RSVP REQUIRED TO ATTEND

- Dec. 10 / Scraps and Prayers / 5:30-7:30 / $15.00
     Beautiful Christmas Cards
     PAY TO REGISTER ONE WEEK PRIOR TO CLASS.

--- Special Drawing for Customers 
CLICK HERE FOR ALL THE INFO.
If you haven't yet placed an order with me, you'd better get in on the fun!  You have until the end of November to qualify.  You'll get your name in the drawing once for EACH order.  Several of you have already earned having your name placed into the drawing more than one time.  Good luck!  Maybe you'll be a lucky winner!  Are you feeling lucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...